Daisypath Wedding tickers

Monday, January 10, 2011

God Gave Me a Happy Face ☺

Mama was actually telling me to get married about 3 years ago (LOL!) because she wanted to baby-sit her own grandchild already. Most of my cousins are already married that's why she felt she's kinda left out whenever she see my aunts looking after my nieces and nephews. So I wasn't really expecting a sad face upon telling her about our engagement. My only worry is that she might not want to have our wedding done in Manila. First, because it's an 8-hour travel from our home province. Second, because I am her eldest child, her only daughter and I'll be her first kid to get married and she might want to host the wedding in our area as per Filipino tradition (the wedding should be done at/near the bride's place)

But prayer really works!

It wasn't a formal convo actually. Jay just casually told mama about his marriage proposal to me while she prepares our lunch on the 24th of December. Then I started telling her our plans. I am so thankful that mama is a cool mom, we got her approval without any difficulty. :)

After my mom, I also needed to acquire consent from Mommy Mercy (Papa's eldest sibling and my guardian) and Uncle Leo (Papa's youngest sibling, my mentor and who stood as my father when papa died). I was so blessed that I have these guys in my life, they're full of Godly wisdom and they're just so supportive to me. I'm glad that they were also okay with the arrangement.

Indeed when you commit everything to the Lord, He will perform all things for you.
"A man’s heart plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps."
~Proverbs 16:9

Thank you Father for the happy face! ☺☺☺

No comments:

Post a Comment