Daisypath Wedding tickers

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Our DIY invites

One of the benefits of being a w@w member is being able to learn a lot of DIY ideas. Lots of it!
Now it's my turn to share. =)  Even before we formally started the wedding preparations I was already settled to do our invitation. Mainly because I want our wedding to be personalized as much as we can. Second because we wanted to trim down the wedding budget (it keeps on ballooning!!! but God would always leave me in awe for His unfailing provisions..), and third because I love to do any artful constructions, though I'm not that artistic. :p.

But to be honest there were some set backs while doing the invites which tempted me to turn back and have them made by the professionals. While I was doing the computation I realized that the money we would save from getting an invitation supplier will not be that remarkable because I bought most of the materials I used here in Singapore. The ink also costs 35 SGD (the invites consumed 2 inks by the way). I was also too lazy to DIY the envelops so I bought a ready made that cost around 2 SGD/4 pcs. I would also feel down whenever I see beautiful invites. But I really thank the Lord, He refreshes my emotions everyday. I also thank Him for sending Leslie, my barkada since college, here in Singapore. Leslie's such a great help. My ever dependable and full-of-ideas tita Grace has also been a great help, she's been my go to person whenever I'm not confident about my ideas and she would always gladly share hers. DIYs are really more fun when you're doing them with somebody.

Thanks also to sis Aleng for her step by step DIY invitation procedure. I would refer to her site from time to time to check if I'm still doing it rightly. Thanks much sis! You're a star! ^_^

And of course to my fiance, who by this time of writing is already sleeping (no skype convo today, he needs to rise up early for his 7am call time at work :-( ... ), for having a great faith in me, and for being my entertainer, listener and cheer leader while doing the design, while nagging and complaining that it's too difficult and I couldn't do it, when I told him I am so stressed out and I really couldn't do it, while checking for the possible invite supplier, when suddenly I popped him and told him I'm changing my mind of getting a supplier that we will just stick to the original plan, while doing the design again, while printing, while cutting the invites... and the list goes on..the task is really made easier if your fiance has an overflowing sense of humor.  :D

And after lengthy introduction, I'm happy present to you our DIY invitation... :)








No comments:

Post a Comment