Daisypath Wedding tickers

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Getting Ready for Forever

Because my mind has been piled up with mountainous wedding preparation stuffs in the past days I decided to shake it off for a while, take one step backward and start planning on the more important thing - our marriage.

In my 25 years of existence I've been a witness to a lot of broken marriages, I've seen some husbands and wives who cheat, and I've heard a bunch of separations catapulting their kids to rebellion. They may have their own reasons, and I won't despise them. But definitely I don't want to end up in the same situation with them. Nobody does.

When I went to Don Moen's concert together with my churchmates I bought a lot (about ten) of the late Pastor John Osteen booklets. He was the founder of Lakewood Church in Houston, Texas.  He has traveled throughout the world evangelizing God's love and has authored numerous books. I actually admire his teachings, God's wisdom has been clearly revealed to him.
I was not aware that I bought a booklet that talks about marriage until I went home because I was squeezing through a huge crowd so I just picked one of each kind and went to the cashier and paid. When I realized about it I just kept it in my drawer and decided to read it at the right time.

It took me almost 1.5 hours to read it. It was really worth the time and effort since I have learned so much from it. The wisdom I gained is absolutely indispensable.


I'd like to share some snippets from this booklet:

"...You husbands, be men. Do not be dictators and bosses. Be lovers. Be somebody who will build up, guide, guard and protect your wife. Make her proud of you.

Wives, esteem and respect your husband. Do not insult him in private and in public. Respect him, adore him and love him.

Treat your children with tenderness and love in the midst of your marriage relationship and you will have heaven on earth!

Obey the word of God.

See the good in each other. Confess love in your home. You have in your marriage what you have been saying you have. What do you say about your mate? How do you talk about them to others? Whatever you say they are, they are! If you would start telling everybody how wonderful they are, show your affection to them and brag on them, you will find they have become these things.

Many times we have made each other what we are now. As you change what you are saying, you will see a change in your mate. It may not happen overnight, but keep on confessing good and positive things about them. It will work!

Pray for each other, and thank God that He is making each of you what you should be..."

God bless everyone! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment